Sunday, October 28, 2007

Altered Clipboard 1

Images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!

This is my first altered clipboard. It features Stampin' Up Designer Paper that is the November promotion detailed below.

I used Modge Podge to attach the paper to the clipboard. Because I used Classic Ink Pads for the embellishments, I gave those areas a light coat of Krylon Clear Matte Finish first to prevent the ink from running. When it was dry, I applied 2 coats of Modge Podge over the entire clipboard. When that dried, I applied a finish coat of the Krylon spray.

The alphabet letters were cut with my Cricut.

I sponged the edges of the clipboard and the paper.

To keep the clip open, I used a cable tie and put painter's tape on the main metal piece to protect it while I was applying the top coats.

I have completed several others - each one unique but they are Christmas gifts so I can't show you till after Dec. 25th (in case the receipients are visiting my blog).