
I was in Ohio for Honda Homecoming. For the first time, I had some extra time to make the trip to the Longaberger Basket Factory in Frazeyburg which I have wanted to do for a few years.
Here I am in front of the World's Largest Apple Basket sporting my new hairstyle.
It turned out that this was the weekend that Longaberger demonstrators visit the Homestead for their annual convention. It was very busy but actually lucky for me because many of the women gave me great advice on accessories and tips for the basket that I made myself and I got some of the Longaberger family members to sign the bottom of my handmade treasure.
I soon found out that Longaberger is quite a huge phenomenon in the US. It is like a little village of stores, restaurants and activites all related to baskets, home decor and apparel. There is even a golf course for the husbands to enjoy themselves while the women are shopping.
I expect that I will be back again :)
