Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Eat Clean Update

So, I am reading the book ... I have started to prepare my kitchen cupboards for the transformation and here are some of my first step experiences.

I found a recipe in the Kraft magazine for 'Undone Stuffed Peppers'. I substituted the ground beef for ground turkey. I changed the green peppers to red (because I don't like the taste of green peppers) I subsituted white rice for brown rice and served it to my family.
Guess what ... they came back for seconds and didn't even notice the ground turkey or the brown rice. A step in the right direction.

I have started to serve fish in our meals ... which I never ate as a child unless it was breaded fish sticks or haddock in a thick batter.
My family enjoyed that too.

Tonight I made a "Tosca" recipe for 'Asian Noodle Bowls'. I had spinach in mine but the rest of the family opted out. Still a healthy choice for all of us.

So far, I have lost 2 lbs (over 4 days).
Keep posted to watch the progress.

I am planning to start exercising with Wii. I want to incorporate weights in my exercise and then ... the really biggy - quit smoking for once and for all. I have tried many times with varying lengths of success (5 yrs., 1 1/2 yrs, etc ... and each time I tell myself I will not go through that withdrawl again but I have repeated it many times). Weight gain always brings me back to smoking BUT this time I feel I have a plan for a REAL lifestyle change.

I have tried Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, LA Weight Loss ... I go down and I go up. I feel confident about this approach.
No more flabby arms and rolls at my tummy - I am going to EAT CLEAN.